Kansas City Metro Area Property Management Services
Key Partners Property Management offers best-in-class residential property management services to homeowners and investors all over metro Kansas City. With close to 15 years of experience and knowledge in Kansas City metro area property management, we can customize our services to fit your needs. We out-perform other companies because we have the experience, knowledge and dedication that you, as a property owner, need when it comes to your investment.
We pour our passion and experience into each home we lease and manage. We believe in our motto; Experience, Integrity, Results!
Explore Our Property Management Services
How Our Property Management Services are Different
We aren’t like the average Kansas City metro rental property manager. We care about each of our owners and their homes. We realize that without you, we cannot be a successful management company. Our fees are competitive, our services turn key and we don’t spend your maintenance money without discussing repairs and options with you, first. We understand fair housing and other landlord tenant laws and we’ll work hard
Read More »
Whether your property is in Kansas City, Overland Park, Olathe, Shawnee, Prairie Village or nearby, we know how to help.
Everything we do is with your bottom line in mind. We know that managing maintenance costs, responding to you promptly and putting a responsible tenant in your home is the reason you hire us. We work every day to make those things happen. You will not find a company that cares more than we do. Explore our Kansas City metro property management services today.
Property Management Services
Owners can really leverage our expertise and resources by working with us from the start of the leasing process until the end. We’ll do all the leasing and also take care of the day-to-day needs of your property and your tenant.
This includes collecting rent, managing repairs, and responding to emergencies.
Our goal is to help you maximize
Read More »
We can improve the return on investment for owners in 64154, 66224, 66062, 66218, 66208 and the surrounding areas.
Discover what our Kansas City metro property management services can do for you today.
Lease Only Services
We always recommend full service property management, but some of our clients just need help finding and placing a tenant. We’re happy to use our leasing expertise.
Our property managers will evaluate, recommend a rental price and advertise your home on all the best rental websites.
We’ll show your property, collect
Read More »
How Much Can Your Property Rent For?
Pricing your home correctly will put you on a path to success. We will visit your property before you sign our management contract. Then, we’ll access our extensive database of information and years of experience to help you properly price your home for rent. Our goal is to price your home to rent within 30 days, because we know vacancy is very expensive. Our rental houses are vacant for an average of less than one week per year.
We know rental property management. Talk to us about the price you’re expecting to get for your home. What you earn will depend on the property’s size, location, value and condition. Market trends will also impact your price. Our local market knowledge and state-of-the-art technology will help us give you the best possible price.
We hired NPM to manage our rental home in Overland Park after having some bad experience with previous property management agency. NPM used email communication effectively to manage expectations and provided guidance to address tenant concerns. They fielded most of the tenant concerns on their own and involved the owners only if needed. Overall, we had a very good experience with NPM property management. Staff is friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I recommend this firm without any reservation to home owners considering renting their homes. Thank you NPM for taking care of our property last year and handing back to us safely upon our return home.
Property Management Services and Packages for Owners
Choose the Best Package For You
Tenant Placement Service
75% of the first months rent for a one year lease
Full Service Management
5% per month with a $50 minimum
|Marketing the Property|
|Full Legal Compliance|
|Discounts for Repairs|
|On-Time Rent Collection|
|Eviction Process Handling|
|Property Accounting and Reporting|
|Online Accounting Software|
|Owner and Tenant Portals|
Marketing the Property
Full Legal Compliance
Marketing the Property
Full Legal Compliance
Discounts for Repairs
On-Time Rent Collection
Eviction Process Handling
Property Accounting and Reporting
Online Accounting Software
Owner and Tenant Portals
Rental Property Investing in the Kansas City Metro Area
Kansas City is located in the heart of the Midwest. The city is home to thousands of businesses and organizations headquartered and hiring potential tenants in the area.
Investors like you can find single family homes, condos and townhomes all over the Kansas City MO and Eastern Kansas areas.
We pride ourselves in being the best rental management company in Kansas City MO.
In Missouri, some of the top rental areas are:
- Kansas City
- North Kansas City
- Gladstone and the surrounding areas
- West port
- Lees Summit
In Kansas, some of the top rental areas are:
- Overland Park
- Shawnee Mission
- Prairie Village
- Roeland Park
The Basics Behind Rental Property Investing
- Buyer pays the seller option money for the right to later purchase the property. The option money may be substantial.
- Buyer and seller may agree to a purchase price now or the buyer may agree to pay market value at the time the option is exercised. It is negotiable. However, most buyers want to lock in the future purchase price upon inception of the rental lease option.
- A lease-option is a lease accompanied by an option giving the tenant-buyer the right (but not the obligation) to buy. So, at the end of the lease, the tenant-buyer could simply walk away with no further obligation. A lawyer would call this a “unilateral agreement”–it requires an action by one party (requiring the owner to sell) but doesn’t require the tenant-buyer to buy.
- During the term of the rental lease option, the buyer agrees to lease the property from the seller for a predetermined rental amount.
- The term of the rental lease option agreement is negotiable, but the common length is generally from one year to three years.
- The rental lease option money generally does not apply toward the down payment.
- A portion of the monthly rental payment typically applies toward the purchase price.
- Option money is rarely refundable.
- Nobody else can buy the property during the rental lease option period.
- The buyer generally cannot assign the rental lease option without seller approval.
- If the buyer does not exercise the rental lease option and purchase the property at the end of the rental lease option, the option expires.
- The buyer is not obligated to buy the property
Contact Us for any questions regarding Rent to Own purchase agreements today! Call (913) 766-2302.
- Rent to own buyer pays the seller option money for the right to later purchase the property. This option money may be substantial.
- Buyer and seller agree on a purchase price, often at or a bit higher than market value.
- A lease-purchase is a lease accompanied by a purchase agreement committing both the tenant-buyer and the property owner to conclude the transaction. At the conclusion of the lease, the tenant-buyer would be obligated to buy and the owner would be obligated to sell. A lawyer would call this a “bilateral agreement”–it requires action by both parties–the owner to sell and the tenant-buyer to buy.
- During the term of the option, the buyer agrees to lease the property from the seller for a predetermined rental amount.
- The term of the rental lease purchase agreement is negotiable, but the common length is generally from one year to three years, at which time the buyer applies for bank financing and pays the seller in full.
- The option money generally does not apply toward the down payment.
- A portion of the monthly rental lease payment typically applies toward the purchase price.
- Option money is nonrefundable.
- Nobody else can buy the property unless the buyer defaults.
- The buyer typically cannot assign the rental lease purchase agreement without seller approval.
- Buyers are often responsible for maintaining the property and paying all expenses associated with its upkeep, including taxes and insurance.
- The buyer is obligated to buy the property.
Contact Us for any questions regarding Rent to Own purchase agreements today!
Doing a Rent to Own Lease Option / Rent to Own Lease Purchase
Hire a real estate lawyer to draw the documents and explain your rights, including those of possession and default consequences. The property might be encumbered by underlying loans that contain alienation clauses, giving the lender the right to accelerate the loans upon sale.
Agents are not always involved in the exercise of rent to own lease options or fulfillment of rent to own lease purchase agreements and, even if you have retained real estate agent representation, you still need a real estate lawyer. Agents are not lawyers and cannot give legal advice.
In the event of a rental lease purchase, obtain all the disclosures and do your due diligence just like you would on a regular sale. This means:
- Get a home inspection
- Examine the title policy
- Obtain an appraisal
- Read seller disclosures
- Consider obtaining pest inspections, a roof certification, home warranty plan and hiring other qualified inspectors
Rent to Own Lease Purchase Benefits for Sellers and Buyers
Rental lease purchase agreements are commonly offered by sellers that own difficult-to-sell properties. Think about it, if the property was easy to sell, the seller would sell it to a conventional buyer who would pay the seller cash. However, there are rental lease purchase benefits for both buyers and sellers:
- Sellers generally get market value at today’s prices and relief from paying a mortgage on a vacant property.
- Although the lease payments may exceed market rent, the buyer is building a down payment and banking that the property will appreciate beyond the agreed upon purchase price.
- Buyers generally make a small down payment, with little or no qualifying, making a rental lease purchase an attractive way to ease into the benefits of home ownership.
- Buyers also receive a forced savings plan since part of the lease payment is credited toward the purchase price at the end of the lease option agreement.
- If the buyer defaults, sellers do not refund any portion of the lease payments nor the option money and may retain the right to sue for specific performance.
Want to Learn More?
If you’d like to learn more about our property management company and what it’s like to work with Key Partners, get in touch. We’d be happy to talk more about our homes for rent, our application requirements, our leasing process, and our property management services.